Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Leaked Kate's Playground

Bag Felt - tutorial part two - the hinge felt bag

In my opinion, another essential element of the awards, in addition to the liner, are the hinges.

are generally unpleasant to be attacked, but have the quality to ensure that the things contained in a bag .. remain in that ... and not cheap.


Prepare for the zipper in this bag felt also presented very few problems (I even wondered if he should or not do us a tutorial above).

I cut two rectangles with gray felt by the following measures: 26.5 cm x 6 cm, and placed them as Photos from the hinge 30 cm long.
This has been attacked by hand with a gray cotton yarn (crocheted by 8 or wanting an embroidery thread) with a deliberately visible on the top strand (with a minimum decorative effect)

while in with lower than normal sewing thread I added a further another small strand along the edge of the hinge to secure the felt better, so they do not overblown, and I also set the same dot is almost invisible zipper start of the two wings .

Having lined this part you could want to hide the "ugly" of the hinge .. but since everything is upside down I decided to do not.
always felt I cut a rectangle of gray felt and I placed at the end of the hinge
then close the sides all around while attaching the hinge itself.
already finished ...
next time (for those who had not yet tired ...)

0 comments:

Post a Comment