Sunday, January 17, 2010

Face Feels Hot After Eating

- tutorial Part

I came across a bag of cardboard with measures very interesting, and from there to decide to use it as a model for a bag of felt the step was short.

I opened the bag with scissors, making it a cross, and I supported the model obtained on a piece of felt 4-mm thick.

And here things get complicated .... how do I give you the measurements?
It obtained the cross is actually composed of 3 rectangles made an attack to another:
1) the rectangle with the front-side bag
2) the long rectangle consisting of the base of the bag and side
3) a rectangle with opposite side of the bag B

rectangles facing each bag measuring 29 cm wide x 19 cm high
the bottom of the bag with the sides attached measuring 68cm (19.5 + 19.5 + 29) and is 12 cm high .... I decorated at will the two sides held face A and B. .. so I am dedicated to the liner .. asolutamente necessary to hide and Filini nodes that are created on the back of felt after the decorations.

The only piece of cloth suitable I had at home was very small, a real crop, and then failing to scialare I pinned on the model of felt and cut out with the same measures (I had a bit of cloth I would be able to make us more un'orlino, but here it was just impossible). There are many commercial adhesives, stabilizers ... and who on and so forth .. but I ... are tirchissima! ... With needle and thread I made a dot for joining the cover to insert the needle felt about half the thickness of the felt, and all for almost the entire perimeter of the cross, or leaving one side open. side was left opened to insert between liner and felt reinforcement of rigid plastic that I use regularly now for the bottom of the bag. Had I now offer my sewing machine, which currently is cleaning / repair - I just put the reinforcement where necessary and we would have toured all around the car ..

but all you can do the same with a hand stitched ... you know ... a virtue of necessity ..
the rest to the next episode ...

0 comments:

Post a Comment